Mechanical, electrical and structural engineering services for addition of air conditioning to the lobby area of an existing ice rink with an estimated occupancy of 150 people.
- Performed heating and cooling load calculations for addition of a new 15 ton gas fired packaged roof top air conditioning unit.
- Provided mechanical drawings showing the new roof top unit related ductwork and air distribution devices. The size and location of ductwork was field verified with the existing structural members, etc.
- Extended propane gas piping from the existing main propane gas piping at the point of entry to the buildings.
- Performed field investigation and evaluation of the existing structural roof framing members for the addition of a new roof top unit.
- Provided structural drawings showing the required modification to the existing roof structure in order to support the new roof top unit.
- Calculated the spare electrical capacity available on the existing main electrical panel for serving the new roof mounted air conditioning unit.
- Provided electrical engineering services for sizing the conduit, wiring, disconnect switch and circuit breaker serving the new roof mounted air conditioning unit.
- Provided smoke detectors on the supply and return ductwork and connected to the building fire alarm system.
- Performed construction phase services consisting of review of shop drawings and preparation of field sketches.