Provided Electrical & Structural Engineering services for the design of a new sports lighting system serving soccer fields at an existing park. The park provides a community center with tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball fields, football field and soccer fields. A summary of our scope of work is listed below.
- Provided foot candle calculations in order to achieve an average illumination of 30 foot candles in the existing soccer field with appropriate maximum to minimum illumination ratios.
- Provided foot candle calculations in order to determine the impact of proposed sports lighting on nearby residential areas.
- Provided the recommended location and quantity of sports lighting poles considering the existing grade, walkways, existing utilities, tennis courts and basketball courts.
- Provided new weather proof enclosures for housing the sports lighting panels and a new enclosure for housing additional receptacles and camlocks to be used by the park when holding outdoor events.
- Investigated the existing electrical service serving the existing football field lighting in order to determine the available spare capacity for the proposed soccer field lighting system.
- Upon calculating existing and new lighting loads, recommended and coordinated the size of the upgraded electrical service with the local power utility company (PEPCO).
- Performed voltage drop calculations and sized feeders, conduits, circuit breakers, and electrical panels for the new sports lighting system and related receptacles and camlocks.
- Review of manufacturer’s drawings for the light pole foundations and preparation of structural specifications for the light pole foundation.