Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineering services for renovation and a second story addition to an existing church building. The addition consisted of a gymnasium, performance stage, fellowship hall, large meeting room with three retractable divisions, classroom, restrooms, offices and two kitchens.
- Replacement of the existing HVAC system serving the renovation area which houses a fellowship hall, four meeting rooms, two offices, classroom, kitchen and restrooms. A split gas fired air conditioning unit with indoor vertical gas fired furnace and outdoor condensing unit was selected to serve a portion of the basement with the exception of the meeting rooms. The meeting rooms were served by packaged through the wall heat pump units.
- The addition which consists of a gymnasium, stage, warming kitchen, pantry and restrooms was served by a 15 ton split air conditioning unit. The indoor vertical air handling unit was located in the mechanical room and the outdoor condensing unit was located on grade. The side wall registers provide the conditioned supply air to the gymnasium and the wall mounted return register was located on the wall of the mechanical room housing the air handling unit.
- Plumbing design consisted of selection of pluming fixtures and domestic water heater. The sanitary, vent, domestic cold and hot water piping and related riser diagrams were shown for all pluming fixtures.
- Coordinated with the gas company concerning the new incoming gas piping.
- The Electrical design included sizing of a new electric service and coordination with the local utility company.
- Provided a main distribution panel and related power distribution for the building including several heat pumps, electric oven, kitchen hood, exhaust fans, and motor loads.
- Designed the lighting, power, communication, data, and new fire alarm system for the building.
- Performed lighting calculations for the renovated area and for the new addition.