Provided electrical and structural engineering design and construction phase services for replacement of existing out of date theatrical lighting systems at two Maryland State School campuses with new theatrical lighting systems serving the school auditoriums:
- Studied the existing theatrical lighting systems and related power distribution and determined what parts of the existing lighting and power distribution system needed to be replaced.
- Provided new ellipsoidal, panel and multi-par light fixtures in order to improve the illumination coverage in the auditoriums.
- Provided new motorized light fixtures in order to minimize the need to manually adjust the light fixtures for different events held at the auditoriums.
- Provided new lighting control consoles for controlling the new theatrical lighting system.
- Provided structural drawings for a new control room at the Frederick campus which houses the existing sound consoles, lighting control console.
- Provided two lighting control switches in the auditorium with 5 preset settings and one lighting control switch with 12 preset settings in the control room which allows the user to easily switch between various pre-programmed light settings.
- Performed electrical load calculations to determine whether the existing power distribution system had adequate spare capacity to power the new theatrical lighting system.
- Determined that the existing transformer serving the lighting system at the Columbia School campus was undersized and provided a new 75KVA transformer.
- Reviewed shop drawings during construction phase and performed periodic site visits to inspect the progress of the construction. Provided a punch out list for the project.