Electrical engineering services for design of a new generator serving an entire existing historic building. Structural engineering services were also provided for the design
of a concrete base for the generator. Construction phase services were also provided for this project.
- Provided electrical and structural construction documents including drawings and specifications for a new generator installation at the existing building.
- Performed field investigation and obtained equipment electrical data for electrical kitchen loads, air conditioning units, chiller, air handling units, pumps, lighting, power and other miscellaneous electrical loads.
- Calculated the existing building load based on field data.
- Utilized manufacturer specific software for sizing the generator set.
- Provided a time delay on the existing chiller in order to lower the start up rush-in current load on the new generator.
- Specified a generator set with sub-base fuel tank supplying approximately 48 hours of fuel at 100% generator operation.
- Structural engineering services were provided to design the generator concrete foundation base in coordination with the generator foot print. Provided structural drawings and specifications for the concrete foundation base.
- Provided construction administration services: Reviewed shop drawing submittals and performed field visits during the construction.