Mechanical and electrical engineering services, consisting of a survey of the existing system, preparation of construction documents and performance of construction phase services related to the renovation of an existing 10,000 square foot fire station. Generally, our work consisted of the following:
- Survey of the entire existing HVAC, plumbing, sprinkler and electrical systems serving the fire station. Existing central heating plant, consisting of a gas fired hot water boiler and related pump and distribution piping, were evaluated for the additional heating load.
- Modification of the existing HVAC system for division of the sleeping area into the male and female personnel. A split air conditioning unit with hot water heating coil was utilized. The new heating coil was fed from the existing hot water hydronic system
- Addition of a new HVAC system for work areas. A split air conditioning unit with hot water heating coil was utilized. The new heating coil was fed from the existing hot water hydronic system.
- Addition of the ventilation system for the bathroom facility.
- HVAC and plumbing system upgrade for the kitchen area.
- New pluming fixtures and related piping for the bathrooms and shower facilities.
- Compliance with ADA requirements.
- Existing incoming electrical service and related panels, etc. were evaluated for the additional load.
- Lighting system for the renovated areas.
- Power for the new mechanical equipment, receptacles, etc.
- Sprinkler and fire alarm system modifications.