Structural, Mechanical & Electrical engineering services for the design of a new three-story 16,000 sq. ft. educational building. The areas included classrooms, community rooms, offices, restrooms, computer lab and elevator.
- The HVAC system consisted of packaged gas fired roof top units and a split heat pump unit. Five roof top units served the ground, first and second floors and a portion of the basement. The remainder of the basement which is primarily used for storage was served by a split heat pump unit with auxiliary electric heating element. The supply and return duct risers were routed through rated shafts from the roof top units to the ceiling space of their respective floors.
- The area served by the five roof top units were divided into twenty four comfort zones. Each comfort zone was served by a duct mounted zone damper which is controlled by its respective wall mounted thermostat. The ventilation for various areas such as the restrooms and basement were provided through roof mounted exhaust fans. An in-line supply fan was utilized to introduce the ventilation air from the roof to the air handling unit located in the basement.
- Plumbing task included selection of plumbing fixtures for private and public restrooms and sinks located in different classrooms throughout the building. Related sanitary, vent, domestic cold and hot water piping was shown for the referenced plumbing fixtures. An electric water heater was selected the serve the fixtures requiring hot water.
- Sized the new electric service for the building and coordinated with the local utility company.
- Provided design of new power distribution system serving new air conditioning, heating, motors, kitchen, receptacle and lighting loads.
- Design of lighting system and interior lighting calculations for all renovated areas. Light fixtures included fluorescent recessed 2x4 lights, recessed downlighting, battery powered emergency egress and exit lighting.
- Design of new fire alarm system, telephone/data and power.
- Design of structural system for a new 3-story building with basement. The structure consisted of spread footings, steel frame, concrete floors on steel metal deck and framing and masonry walls.